Join Amrita, Beth, and special guest Maria of the blog Filmiholic, herself an experienced film journalist, in a discussion of this season of Koffee with Karan. We wonder what the show is actually about, why he asks the questions he does, and whether he's really a good tv host or just a bully in velvet. In trying to figure it all out, we cover:
- the difference between being a host and a conversationalist
- highlights from this season's episodes (featuring Aishwarya Rai-Abhishek Bachchan, Ranbir Kapoor-Imran Khan, Deepika Padukone-Sonam Kapoor, Farah Khan-Raju Hirani-Imtiaz Ali, Kareena Kapoor-Saif Ali Khan)
- the significance (or not) of power players' sexuality and what coming out could do
- navigating fame, fortune, and power as a young woman
- an apparent fear among these big players of intellectual content and seeming smart
- what guests could possibly have in their purses
- and whether the set design looks a bit too much like a strip club.
(Side note: all of us now realize that the contents of the hamper have been exposed in previous episodes.)
Amrita and Beth also enjoyed Baradwaj Rangan's piece "Kogitating over Koffee".
Available on iTunes, through subscription to our feed, or download here.