Join us for an in-depth look at one of our favorite socialist-masala movies. We'll put in a spoiler warning for those of you who've never seen it before and direct you to Beth's review, which comes complete with a screenshot of Shotgun Sinha's impeccable manicure.
Things discussed in this podcast include:
- Parveen Babi's shiny, shiny hair guaranteed to leave the rest of us unfortunates green with envy
- Shashi Kapoor's general awesomeness, especially when tackling men roughly double his size
- Amrita's love of the Amitabh-Rakhee pairing and Beth's love of Shatrughan Sinha
- Charles Bronson, coal miner extraordinaire
- the (possible) significance of water (maybe?)
- and just what the hell was Amitabh's problem? We're all at sea!
You can listen to Masala Zindabad - Kaala Pathhar (1979) by clicking the player above, subscribing to our feed, on iTunes or downloading here. Thank you for listening.