Download file here
Catch Masala Zindabad on iTunes
Click the player above to listen to the latest episode
Visit our Listen Online page (NEW!) to play all episodes online / get embed code
Todd from Die Danger Die Die Kill and Teleport City is back to talk with us about filmi friends furry, feathered, and finned. Join Charles from Doodh Ka Karz,
Sheroo the Wonder Bird (Dharam Veer),
the respectful tiger (Mard),
the villain-busting Fluffy (Khel Mohabbat Ka),
the subliminal marmoset (Pyasa Shaitan),
and the top primate himself, Pedro from the Zimbo films,
as we discuss Indian cinema's contributions to zoology.
- Are all birds (including Allah Rakha from Coolie) inherently evil?
- Which dog has the better trick: shooting Shetty (Rani aur Jaani)
or sniffing out Kader Khan and Kabir Bedi (Khoon Bhari Maang)?
- Can you really call yourself a spy film villain if you don't have a lap cat as in Maha Badmaash?
- Does any Hindi film character love their pet...or rather, any pet their human companion more than Moti of Teri Meherbaniyan?
- Is Shashi Kapoor's Ajooba the most diversely populated anipal movie of all time?
- And speaking of Ajooba, perhaps you prefer Khoon Pasina's take on the classic theme of Amitabh vs. tiger?
- How villainous is this evil killer from James Bond 777?
Could he be turned to the good (but still very feisty) side by Moti (Mard)?
- The growing field of human-ichthyological communications as depicted in Arya 2.