Also for discussion:
- What's the difference between an item girl and a vamp?
- How do vamps relate to heroes? Must a vamp be defined in contrast to the heroic? Is there any kind of bond between them other than sacrifice and reform?
- What kind of personality would a performer need to be a true vamp?
- Have changing real-life conditions for women throughout the decades shaped the need or desire for vamps in contemporary films?
- the evocatively worded profile on Faryal by "The Lip" (the source of the hilarious line about Faryal that Memsaab signs off with at the end of the episode)
- Amrita's discussion of 70s vamps
"Dekh To Kya Hai Aaj Ki Mehfil" (Puraskar, 1970)
Jewel Thief, 1967
"Chilman Ka Girjaana Allah Allah" (Shararat, 1972)
"Yeh Duniya To Hai Bas Paise Ki" (Do Thug, 1975)
The infamous not-really-a-bad-girl Padma Khanna number.